PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2018, 00:20
ACW599

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
_Dear All _

_This is the last e mail I will send in my capacity as Commandant 2 FTS. In my 52nd year of RAF service I have now crossed the finish line on a fantastic RAF career. You may wish to note transitional arrangements are well in hand for my DDH duties to be handled by Commandant 3FTS Gp Capt Moriarty and the day to day running of 2 FTS by Wg Cdr Tim Wilson. On all matters please contact Wg Cdr Willson in the first instance. _

_To reflect for a few moments on my time in Command I have experienced every possible emotion- the good, bad and ugly. I have had exciting times balanced with frustrating and disappointing times. On balance when I look at the score card, I leave with good memories and many instances of fun and meeting dedicated volunteers and impressive cadets. Those who know me well, are aware I wear my heart on my sleeve and it would be wrong not to say I also leave with a hint of disappointment. _

_My personal view I leave 2 FTS in a good position to move the wider cadet aviation experience forward. We have a robust glider recovery plan costed and with budgetary commitment. A fully integrated fleet management and op delivery plan. This is equally supported by a costed and endorsed infra plan. The future is exciting with a wider cadet aviation offer, the potential for a new platform to deliver cadet aviation and additional activity to streamline contracts particularly in the support arena. To close I would like to thank you all, permenant staff, CFAVS and cadets for whatever contribution you have made to make my life in post as easy as possible. _

_I wish you all well in your future endeavours and leave you with one parting comment. It will only be the delivery of the wider cadet aviation offer, in all its disciplines eg space, cyber, AR, Synthetics (Air and Ground), Drones etc, that will perpetuate the light blue of the air cadets and it full association with its sister Service the Royal Air Force - without aerospace we are merely a cadet force and will lose our air identity. _

_As to my future watch this space!!! _

_Regards to all _
John Middleton