PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2018, 13:44
kbtrina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight Training School or go to University

Hi All,

I am fairly new to this forum so if there is a post that is under a similar case that I have or someone have asked the same thing that I am about to, please feel free to post the link.

Just wondering if you could give some advice/opinion for a female pilot-wannabe who is on her early 20s and still undecided if it is worth it to get a degree on Bachelor of Aviation or just try and get in a reputable flight school.

I do have some experience in Aviation where I have worked as a Cabin Crew for more than 2 rewarding years and from there, I fell more in love and dreamt to become a pilot.
I understand that there would be hardships and a long process but I am ready, mentally and physically, for any challenges in the road to get my wings.

If you guys think that going through a university or straight in a flight school is much more rewarding and efficient than the other, what schools would you recommend? Financially, I am not that flexible and I also understand that university and flight school costs an arm and a leg but I do have a bit of savings from my cabin crew years and I would so much rely on HECS help as well. I guess that is another thing that I have to consider when choosing schools.

Thank you for your wise advice/s!

Regards,
kbtrina