PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In-cockpit videos
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2018, 12:30
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that the OP asked for help to do something, not advice on why it's not considered a good idea by some.
Indeed, the OP did so. Other posters may then choose to offer their wisdom, or not. That said, considering that some posters do not support the "what" of what is proposed to be done, it's not surprising that they will use the inquiry about "how" to comment the "what". I won't offer people advice on how to drive their car, if I know that their intent is to street race it, my advice to them would be at a more basic level.

Similarly here. If I were reading a post from a long established aircraft owner, asking how to get an approval to mount a camera in/on and aircraft, my answer would have been somewhat different (though still embedding some thoughts for new pilots who could think of video as a training aid for primary instruction).

In any case, no one has been rude here, and people have unified on a few themes. The fact that those unified thoughts do not correspond with what the OP sought to have as a reply, is hopefully a learning point for the OP, and more importantly, the many new and eager techy pilots to be who are probably also reading this thread. Perhaps they'll consider the plan with a broader perspective.