PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down outside Leicester City Football Club
Old 2nd Nov 2018, 12:11
staplefordheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jagwar
Magplug: take a look at Google maps , the river forms a large basin only 50m from the stadium , I live near water and birds (ducks, geese) regularly land in the early evening even when dark , but not in formation I hasten to add !
Or Mute swans, there are plenty on the river and they do overly the KP as i have seen many times at games myself even in the dark and they are even larger than a goose up to 33 ibs Hitting the TR disk square on with little fwd speed or drifting backwards is a much higher chance than in fwd flight already mention back at the start and being under high loading at that point probably more catastrophic failure

https://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/61...l#post10295630

If it was a large illegally flown drone, then the police would already have been alerted due to debris found at scene on the Sunday night and be actively pursuing or arresting someone and it would be in the media IMHO
Any other failure due to component failure would have serious global implications and there is no grounding or inspections going on