PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian aircraft missing off Jakarta
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2018, 10:00
bobdxb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tdracer
According to my Indonesian wife, it's not very interesting.
Basically - we found this black box, I think it's important, be careful with it, we should report this right away...
Like I said, nothing special...
https://www.merdeka.com/peristiwa/bp...300-meter.html (translated with google)

Head of Marine Technology and Survey Center for Technology Application Assessment Agency (BPPT) M Ilyas is optimistic the team will find CVR. He estimates that the distance between the FDR and CVR is not far from the sea.

"It is approximately 200-300 meters, not too far from (CVR)," he said at the Jakarta International Container Terminal II Basarnas Post , Tanjung Priok, North Jakarta, Thursday (1/11).

Ilyas said, in fact we ship BPPT to have captured two ping locater signals from FDR and CVR. However, BPPT ships must move locations because many scattered fragments are captured by ship sonar scans. So you have to sail to the rubble which is suspected to have CVR instructions.

Pertamina's pipes and strong currents under the sea are also obstacles. So, said Ilyas, the team had difficulty removing the anchor and could not reduce the Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV) or underwater robot technology to look for objects.

"The obstacle is that there is a Pertamina pipeline. So that we cannot anchor our ships there to do more detailed ROV. We have to be outside about 550 meters from that location to carry out this ROV operation with the difficulty of the current being very strong there , "he said.

He said, the CVR could last for 30 days starting from the plane falling. The signals sent by FDR and CVR are also very strong, because Lion Air PK-LQP is a new aircraft.

"So the shipment is fast, ping ping is like that. So it is heard (ear) it is a bit different from the other signals. Just because there are many dives today, many ships operate so we have a lot of errors, lots of noise" he explained