PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 2nd Nov 2018, 01:55
Bradley Chamberlain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After attending the assessment centre on the 8th October, I was lucky enough this week to be offered a position as a trainee controller on the en route course starting in March!

Some of the tests etc mentioned previously did come up on the assessment day and of the 10 at the start of the day, I was one of 3 to last the whole day. There were some simulation type tests and some quick response/ multi tasking tests as well as a test like the online one for those who have done it.

As frustrating as it is, you can't and don't want to prepare for them. If you come in having prepared for something you thought was going to come up and it is even slightly different, it will affect you negatively. We were told not to share too much basically because it will affect future applicants detrimentally as opposed to keeping it a secret.

I desperately wanted to know what to expect but going in with no expectations really helped me and you have plenty of practice runs and time to get used to the format and rules etc.

Good luck to all the applicants in the upcoming intake!!