PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down outside Leicester City Football Club
Old 1st Nov 2018, 13:00
tbtstt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DOUBLE BOGEY
That would make you wrong. In our industry we have very little opportunity, as professionals and PPLs alike, to learn from each other. PPRUNE provides that forum. Yes some people can sometimes seems spectacularly stupid (me some of the time) and some of us love a good argument. That's "A" Type extroverts for you...
I am in absolute agreement with you with regards to discussion. This incident has certainly dominated the conversations of all the pilots and engineers I work with this week, as everyone wants to understand what has happened and what can be done to prevent it from happening again...

Originally Posted by DOUBLE BOGEY
...But taken as a whole PPRUNE offers an opportunity to learn from each other especially when an accident like this happens.
...on this point we disagree though: Prune certainly offers the chance to learn, but when the conversation is littered with as many (sometimes more) falsehoods than truths I would question the merit of what you could glean from threads like this. There are several aspects of this particular incident that I am clueless about, but given that the responses on here concerning the things I do know about are so mixed there is no way I trust the information concerning something I don't fully understand.

Conversation on incidents such as this between knowledgeable individuals is excellent and absolutely worthwhile, but some of the conclusions reached by supposed professionals in threads like this - while in possession of just a handful of facts - are astonishingly reckless. Based on the available evidence I have my own theory as to what has happened but, until the full story is told, I wouldn't consider making any definite conclusions and I absolutely wouldn't start point fingers at any particular party (and, even with a cursory glance, I can see that has already occurred numerous times throughout this thread).

It certainly wasn't my intention to appear sanctimonious but it is no secret that the media clearly view this forum and threads like this just fuel the nonsense that we see reported on these incidents in the press.