PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down outside Leicester City Football Club
Old 1st Nov 2018, 12:09
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tbtstt
It's long been like that on pprune. These crash threads are useful for finding links to external sites, but the conjecture ranges from laughable to infuriating and, in most cases, just demonstrates a spectacular lack of knowledge.

I don't know that many professionals in the industry, but I do know that anyone with an opinion worth listening too wouldn't post anything on here.
That would make you wrong. In our industry we have very little opportunity, as professionals and PPLs alike, to learn from each other. PPRUNE provides that forum. Yes some people can sometimes seems spectacularly stupid (me some of the time) and some of us love a good argument. That's "A" Type extroverts for you. But taken as a whole PPRUNE offers an opportunity to learn from each other especially when an accident like this happens.
TBTSST, I do not know what you do, but many on this thread carry out these VTOL departures each time we fly, EMS, HEMS., Police and the Corporate sector. The reason why we have a lot of interest here, is that this failure, in this phase of flight, is theoretically ignored by certification. As such there is very little guidance in Flight Manuals on how to deal with it. There is a reason for that.....if you think about the outcome of this event!
In the end, its up to you if you choose to take part in the discussion or not. However, posing sanctimonious passive aggressive statements, like yours above, means to me you have no value to add at all. So why bother yourself to even visit the thread.