PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is happening with the MULTICOM?
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2018, 01:33
Cloudee

Received 79 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Dick Smith
I have started this new thread because I think most have lost interest on the old threads on this issue.

From what I can understand, CASA has now made a final decision which still states that if there is an unmarked aerodrome, the taxi and circuit calls should be given on the area ATC frequency.

Of course they don’t mention helipads. Presumably if it is an unmarked helipad that someone is flying in or out of, they should give the calls on the area ATC frequency.

Is that how everyone understands it?
Yep, that's how I understand it. I hope that now this has been confirmed by CASA we will all now make those calls on area and see what happens. What isn't clear to me is that if your unmarked field is within the CTAF of a marked airfield what frequency do you use? I know what commons sense says but by the letter of their policy it's area frequency. Also if two marked airfields are less than 20 nm apart which frequency do you use in the overlap? Eg: Aldinga (very busy on 127.15) and Hunt Field (very quiet on 126.7). Currently the Hunt Field locals are using 126.7.