PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down outside Leicester City Football Club
Old 31st Oct 2018, 21:28
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats an understatement! I can hardly bear to visit this thread. I’ve never seen such bollocks!!![
It is inevitable that an open internet forum will attract all sorts of nonsense whenever an accident occurs. That does mean such discussion is completely valueless. There are experienced rotor jocks posting here (I am not one such) who make a valued contribution to a subject which hopefully makes all helicopter pilots revisit their own emergency drills etc. The dissemination of accident reports and crew room chatter has always been, and will always be, a vital source of flight safety awareness for the professional aviator.

Guys and girls that fly helicopters, or are learning to fly helicopters, will be able to discern the valuable posts from the obvious "b*****ks" or at least ask questions if they require clarification.

Accident debates often offend somebody or other, it is the nature of things...but in all matters aviation it is important - nay, vital - that they continue. Hopefully, soberly, respectfully and advisedly. But it's the internet and sometimes that's not always going to be the case.

As for journalists stepping by and picking up and printing horse manure...seriously who the heck cares? Surely all educated people know that a large percentage of what is printed these days in newspapers is agenda-led, headline-grabbing codswallop, irrespective of the subject matter. Sure it will influence Joe Public, but that's going to happen regardless of anything that is posted on here.