PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down outside Leicester City Football Club
Old 31st Oct 2018, 19:00
Lonewolf_50

Received 405 Likes on 251 Posts
Originally Posted by GrayHorizonsHeli
hmmm i dunno...a spiralling out of control helicopter that appears to not hit a thing on its departure??? something somewhere had to have happened.
Got it. Wild guess. Having reviewed John E's video posting(reposting?) I reserve judgment for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is lack of familiarity with that particular model, the local area around the stadium where this flight took place, and no idea of what the load out was. (Full bag of gas or not? etc).
But again, I digress, could have just as easily been a sleepy mechanic not torquing the bolts correctly.
Maybe. I hope not, but it has happened before.
I see lots of things on the pictures and videos that pique my interest.
Me too. But I chose not to leap to conclusions.
What I had hoped in asking that question of you was, since I had a hard time singling anything out in the videos (posted) available to examine, that you had seen something that I had not and could have explained that to me.
leave the thread and don't come back.
You are invited to do likewise if you can't answer my question with a bit more civility.
Having flown helicopters, taught helicopter flying, and having had the opportunity to participate in accident investigations (fatal and not fatal) my interest is professional, not that of a gadfly. As you claim to be involved in maintenance, I can appreciate your interest as well.
The amount of misinformation (and in one case, possible slander or libel) posted during the discussion is disappointing.