PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA or Virgin? Which is better?
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2018, 08:38
Cattivo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wiggy

It’s early so I’ll be polite: whilst what you say might be literally true amongst the “lot” you know, especially if they are relatively new joiners and have been on Blindlines, (now extinct due to JSS) I’m afraid your statement creates a misleading impression of the overall picture at BA.

Like a few in this place I’m able to look at BA’s 900 hour warning lists which gives those close to a legal limit a heads up. One of these, the December BA 777 P2 900 hours warning list, contains the names of everybody on that status who is close to to, above or well above 750 annual flying hours. It has over 100 individuals on it, and a lot of those P2s are actually well up in the 800’s.

It is also worth noting that as a result of the high hours we routinely have a number of pilots having their bidding limited and/or rosters massaged in order to stay below 900 per annum/100 in 28 days.

That state of affairs is fairly standard these days month in, month out, across all the longhaul seats and fleets apart from possibly temporarily the 787. It is not a low hours airline.

It is unlikely the new rostering system at BA will bring hours down by any significant amount.so the facts are don’t for one minute think BA long haul full time is a 750 hour per annum operation.

Wiggy, if you’re laying out these facts to argue how busy we all are you need to also state that a LOT of these individuals will be flying that level of hours by CHOICE. Many individuals chase down the 900 limit to drop trips in December, many pick up overtime to pay for new toys and many will bid way over CAP for whatever reason. I agree it’s not a low hour airline and I may be wrong but I think for the majority, if you don’t want to work that hard, you don’t have to.