PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BB solves JT 610 crash
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2018, 05:39
International Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To go on TV ( in uniform) and to blame fellow aviators without getting the facts first is just poor form.
He may be right but, those pilots had families ,friends and deserve better from a professional pilot on TV. A forum ,such as this, is the place for conjecture.
Professionalism and respect for aviators that maybe have not had the luck of others or maybe still have a way to go in their careers would compel one to keep silent.
Don't know if it has been mentioned already but, both the carriers that he held up as model operators have had issues where pilot error and /or cost saving practices have cast a permanent shadow on them. Now these carriers had all the simulator training possible with large amounts of cash and (supposedly) top flight instructors. So what is his reasoning for those issues? Must be pilot error due lack of training and cost saving ( low..er cost airlines) or would he suggest poor quality pilots. Can't be the aircraft because they all have new ones.
I think that if this fellow had more experience, he would know that new types ( and new variants of existing types) do have issues at introduction. I have experienced this during introduction of types into a few airlines that I worked for.