PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many hours did it take you to get your first twin ride.
Old 31st Oct 2018, 04:52
First_Principal

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts
This turned out to be a more interesting thread than I initially thought because it caused me to look back at my logbook and see that my initial twin flight was 0.5 at around 60hrs (in a BE76) and then a C-47 at around 90 hrs (I already had time in tailwheel craft at that stage). Both much earlier than I recollected.

Unlike others on here I managed to keep the C-47 straight enough on takeoff but I DO recall bouncing it on my first landing I was just not used to being so high up (when on the ground) and those wheels were hanging somewhat lower than I thought on the last few feet of the approach... oops. Of course everyone was watching, but they had the decency to go inside and not say too much, for a while at least .

After that I finished my multi training on a GA-7 and the C-47, and then flew a number of other twins. I particularly enjoy them and consider myself lucky to have had the experiences I've had.

FP.