PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Again!
Thread: CASA Again!
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2018, 23:24
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Squawk7700

My vague recollection of the Quadrio video was that it was hand-held and affected by the shape of th R44 windscreen divider.

Squawk 7700,
What I would remind everyone of, is that the "Quadrio" video was a composite, not of a single flight, and in one part another pilot could be identified. This was established by a rather expensive accredited forensic lab in WA. One used by WA Police.

As for this case, and whatever definition of "aerobatic/acrobatic" you use, a wing over is a pretty harmless positive G manoeuver. Anybody remember the G.O.Ds of Sunday morning club flying, and streamer cutting competitions, the "CASA" of the day had no problem with that, including the manoeuvers involved.

What disturbs me most about this is CASA abrogating the legal rights and duties of the pilot in command, by deciding, in arrears that he should have done something different once the emergency occurred ---- but, or course, this is not the first time CASA has done this ---- "knowing better".

In the coming Part 91, those ICAO mandated rights of the pilot in command have been so watered down that Australia will have to (or should) notify ICAO of yet another (to add to the 4000 or so) difference to ICAO standards.

Tootle pip!!

Last edited by LeadSled; 31st Oct 2018 at 02:02. Reason: typo, text added.