PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In-cockpit videos
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2018, 18:35
rarelyathome

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nurse2Pilot
So you know how much they can impact the lookout. Hiding behind other people does you no credit, and as you can see, I've already thought of the obstruction issue and have a Plan B should it be a significant hindrance during flight. How can I take you seriously about any claims you make like this one regarding obstruction and cameras when you've already admitted you can't give me any of your actual experience because you've never allowed cameras? Yet you persist....

Speaking of credit, you seem to forget you've made this statement..... I wonder how that does you any credit? 30+ years in the RAF and however many number of years instructing but still making jabs like this towards an aspiring pilot after you've said you were leaving the thread....

I know this concept very well. You must've missed that bit about light aircraft and gliders. Do you fly in F-16s all the time with a bubble cockpit? Do you keep your head in one position only and just turn left/right for lookout? Or do you "look around," move your head, change your viewpoint so that blindspots from the obstructing parts of the airframe are cleared? Considering how big the other parts of the aircraft are with respect to obstruction, is a GoPro really going to be blocking that much that can't be cleared with the usual head movements required to see around the aircraft frame?
I persist because I care about flight safety. I don't need to obscure my view from the cockpit to know it's not a good idea to block the view. I will butt out now because you are clearly somebody who knows best. You come across as a very aggressive person which is surprising given you were asking for help and all I and other instructors, as well as other qualified and student pilots, have tried to do is pass on advice and experience. I do hope you succeed with your ambitions and, if you do, I hope you will look back on these exchanges with a different perspective. I see from the Instructors' forum that you have ambitions to instruct at some stage. To do so, you will need a change in your approach to advice that contradicts your preconceptions. As I say, I wish you well.