PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In-cockpit videos
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2018, 16:24
BDAScott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been lurking while but have to put my thoughts in here. I was initially drawn to this thread as I am in the early days of flight training and wanted to get a camera or two and mic setup so I can record solo flights.... That being said, this has been a nearly 2 week, 80+ post thread where one beginner pilot wants to set up cameras, and a bunch of experienced pilots are saying avoid it at this point in your flying career.

Sorry N2P, but the comment further up about being a "Type A" person definitely resonates here. You seem to have an answer for everyone when they advise you against it... everything they say is either an assumption or factually incorrect in your eyes, and that the cameras for learning are the way to go. You have in your head a majestic videoing environment and the value you'll get from it, and seemingly will disagree with anyone who goes against that vision.

I won't say that your idea of a camera setup is wrong, as I'm too inexperienced in the field to know, but if there is anything I've learning from training so far is to listen and learn from the experienced until you are experienced enough to make your own choices. .... You've initially posted the thread so you can learn to do something that you haven't done by people who have. The majority have noted that you shouldn't bother doing it at this stage.

Perhaps you should take the answer that you need to hear, not the answer you want to hear?