PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down outside Leicester City Football Club
Old 30th Oct 2018, 15:36
chopper2004

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by tartare
Yep - very puzzling accident.
Clearly a highly experienced pilot apparently operating to SOPs - LTRE wouldn't seem to be a factor.
An almost brand new and very sophisticated machine - that one would assume was impeccably maintained.
Could there have been some sort of one off assembly or manufacturing fault that caused a catastrophic drive shaft or gearbox failure?
But then you'd think there'd be multiple independent checks of components at time of assembly?
Very strange...
Leonardo is assisting the AAIB according to their press release. Also mate of mine in Leics was quoting a local rumor of drone impact, which I believe was mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread. Has the stadium CCTV showed anything out of place on immediate lift off? Without digressing , sadly its two 'firsts' crashes this week.

Accident at Leicester City Football Club's stadium - DETAIL - Leonardo - Aerospace, Defence and Security

I do like a certain tabloid this morning that showed photo of G-LCFC when criticising the Beeb sports editor for his assumptions on the relationship between two members of the deceased

ATB
cheers

Last edited by chopper2004; 30th Oct 2018 at 16:00.