PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In-cockpit videos
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2018, 12:15
Nurse2Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kghjfg - I Googled it, are you referring to this site? https://forums.flyer.co.uk/
Sorry for the confusion, I thought you were talking about a subforum on PPRuNe and not a different forum altogether.

In all honesty, I'm not sure if a GoPro may have helped with learning to ride a bike or learning to drive a car; I've never thought about it. However, we are starting to introduce cameras during training sessions in the workplace and during a simulated emergency scenarios with 15-20 people in the room, the recorded footage can be quite valuable. So maybe it depends on what is being recorded? I think there clearly is value to recording things and it is better to have useless footage of an event than to have missed a good learning opportunity because I did not think there was value to recording the event.

As for making mistakes, if I think 2 minutes out of 60 makes the video recording effort worth it, does anyone really think having more learning opportunities out of 60 minutes will make video recording less valuable?

It's funny how willingly and easily people seem to jump onto assumptions of ego and vanity, skill level, and wasted effort, yet cannot seem to get into the assumption that I've had some flying experience. To answer your question, yes, I've flown light aircraft and gliders. I've also taken and edited videos, normally for special occassions like birthdays and wedding anniversaries. I've just not mixed the two before (video capture and flying) and definitely not in this way that I'm attempting now (with ATC comms), hence the thread.

rarelyathome - I thought you've stopped and left? Can't resist to return and make an absolutely hilarious assumption as to the size of the blind spot and how it impacts lookout? Here, I've made you a picture so you can see how small the blind spot is.

If you're worried about me and my little PA-28/PA-38 making circles in the sky, you may want to find out where these guys are flying out of! Not only are they flying with at least two GoPros blocking that all-important lookout, they're flying a slightly bigger aircraft too, a 747! The horror!!

Article - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...s-landing.html