PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Again!
Thread: CASA Again!
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2018, 02:03
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any time you spin in it ain't going to be pretty...Even if it is from only 100 feet.
The pilot was between a rock and a hard place. IF he landed straight ahead almost certainly the plane would have flipped and all would drown. He elected to to do everything in his power to get the aircraft back to land. This probably saved 3 lives.

What would you say to negative G maneuvers that were of sufficient magnitude to result in a power interruption?
I would say that one tenth of a negative g will unport the fuel tank outlet and soon after the fuel bowl will empty to below the pickup and you'll be in a glider. There will be no stress on the airframe and once even one tenth of a g positive is established the engine will resume normal operations in 2 or 3 seconds. I have no idea why you mentioned 60 seconds. The only time I can imagine a restart taking that long is if an inattentive pilot let a fuel tank run out and then he stuffed around figuring out why the noise stopped and then lost more time finding a tank with some fuel still in it.
Originally Posted by kaz3g
I didn’t see any aerobatic manoeuvres in the video.
You didn’t look very hard then!
Unless the camera is on the dash it is really difficult to know what is happening especially if the camera is held in a wobbley hand.The other 2 clips looked pretty tame though not necessarily for PXs experiencing weightlessness for the first time.