PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 29th Oct 2018, 22:13
Chris Martyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike.
There are lady pilots everywhere ! Some of whom contribute on here . Maybe they feel that it is unnecessary and an insult to them to waste energy in acknowledging this woman's flawed logic and twisted thinking !
I have conducted a somewhat impromptu straw poll/survey in the airline that I work for . We do indeed have lady engineers . Not that many granted , but the ones we do have are very competent and respected in what they do . Were they obstructed in pursuing such positions in the aviation industry ? Absolutely not ! Would they encourage their peers to pursue a similar career ? I believe the facts are that many girls simply don't permeate towards this as a career . But nothing ,,,,,absolutely nothing,,,,[you listening Tracey] ,,stops them from doing this if they wish !
I have also polled a few of our pilots over this matter too ,,and we have quite a few lady B747 pilots . Here we have a similar story . They have achieved what they have through total hard work and single-minded dedication . [the same as the blokes] Not reliance on easily manipulated , channel visioned and easily flattered old fools .

The journalists who have taken the bait on this are either a tad naïve , or have not done their research properly . Had they done so , then they would know that the real story is one helluva better read than the one that Tracey has spun them !