PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 29th Oct 2018, 21:18
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I received this PM today and publish without revealing the sender and have censored the names of those mentioned below.

It is more than I can stand to see this woman continue to successfully manipulate a succession of journalists (the Telegraph yesterday being the latest) Unfortunately I do not have any credentials as a female pilot so I do not feel that anything I say carries much weight. And TCT has used that tool of crying "sexism" to silence all males on this subject. I am wondering if you know any who would be prepared to come out and avow that TCT is the very last female to be held up as a role model for young women. I have a close friend who has known TCT for a very long time. The irony of a woman whose access to aviation has come through being the "partner" of rich men - first of all XXX who bought her her Ryan and then XXX who funded the Stearman - who has not actually earned her own living for decades, and who can only fly anywhere far afield without her hand being held by a man, being held up as a feminist icon is just UNBEARABLE!!!
Please, please - if you know any female pilots - can you persuade one of them to come out and object to this cmplete travesty?
(Happy to share the original PM with the mods)

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 29th Oct 2018 at 21:29.