PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meaning of Roger?!
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2018, 21:17
Auxtank

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by n5296s
I just love this stuff. So there I am with the engine stopped and the windshield covered in oil, and I have to state "I have a CPL-ASEL with Instrument Rating, Helicopter rating with PPL privileges, tailwheel endorsement, Light Sport privileges for Gyrocopter". Are you sure I don't have to give the certificate number as well? And this being EASA-land, also the list of types on which I am type rated?.

What they're actually going to get is "Mayday*3, G-xxxx, engine failure, attempting to reach yyy." Then back to aviating.
You're missing the point - big time.

MAYDAY is an extraordinary situation - and has been said by ATCOs here on this thread.

MAYDAY 'YOUR' situation - with pertinent FACTS - fast and efficiently to bring ALL in to the loop and give general situational awareness about what's happening to YOU and your CRAFT, what your intentions are, how may souls aboard, fuel, etc, etc.

The OP was asking about what it takes to pass the exam - the discussion has broadened in to how to go MAYDAY.

If it ever happens to you - and I prey it does not - keep the facts straight, information pertinent and your intentions as accurate as the situation dictates at the time.

(No one will care how you got there - they'll be too busy trying to save your life.)