PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In-cockpit videos
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2018, 15:16
AlexJR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Timeline question was just how often you were able to dedicate to it - take a month off work and sink £8k or do what I did and spend 18 months over sunny weekends (not as many as one would hope for!).

I am 34 and consider my self to be quite tech orientated. I very recently qualified and on my first trip solo took a GoPro with a clamp, phone and a digital SLR for the trip down to Bembridge. The GoPro stayed in the bag - I realised while working through the check list that I did not want my wife to have a post-mortem video of me doing something stupid : ). As has been said, you have a limited time period with the aircraft so setting up camera just eats into prep and flying time. The SLR stayed on the passenger seat left on and was raised to the window maybe 10 times total when there was a particular view. But again the pics do not do the experience justice. The first time the land below gave way to sea, just not a feeling that can be captured with film, although the couple of pics of the aircraft carrier in the Solent made for good talking points!

You have a captive audience here that [to some extent at least!] enjoys the way you convey yourself, challenging the opinions given is no bad thing. Not sure about the others but I look forward to reading your accounts of those first few lessons and how they make you feel. The elation/fear/frustration all at the same time. Write about that and ask the instructor to take the occasional pic then we will all be happy!