PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barbados 2019
Thread: Barbados 2019
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2018, 14:35
Ebbie 2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, no problem - annual due in May so with any luck it will have the fresh annual by the time you get here.

I did my first Wingly here yesterday - I fly around the island most weekends and take random people with me so I put myself of Wingly to give visitors a go as well as the locals and airport staff (once got a bollocking from the ATC for infringing the approach path (I didn't) they called me to the tower 5ft up and in the flare, good news the chief controller was with me and could confirm we were three miles north of it

A couple from Austria - I think they were a little surprised that it cost so little as I charged them the cost of 2/3rd the fuel and it only takes half an hour to zip around the island - they were luck, middle of the rainy season but the clearest skies and low winds I think I've ever seen here, you could almost (almost!) see St Vincent.

Afternoon I flew a friend and his son who has plans to join the RAF.

Only a couple of more hours and I will have 300 in my log book and will be fully qualified to become an accident statistic, I've read lots of stuff that says 300-350 hours is the time of biggest risk