PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Again!
Thread: CASA Again!
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2018, 09:30
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Rutan Around
I think a lot of pilots think they are 1g negative and freak out when actually they are at zero g and weightless. At 0g there is not much stress on the wings. Work it out.
What would you say to negative G maneuvers that were of sufficient magnitude to result in a power interruption? Such as occurred on the accident flight only 60 seconds before the loss of power that caused the crash??

Originally Posted by kaz3g
I think the key to this is in the “unconditional”:settlement provided by CASA and I didn’t see any aerobatic manoeuvres in the video.0g and less than 60degree bank. not sure why it crashed so badly though. Soft sand?
kaz

Originally Posted by The ATSB
at about 7 minutes flight time, the engine sustained a sudden power loss and subsequently the:
- pilot turned the aircraft to the right momentarily before raising the nose and initiating a left turn with an initial bank angle of about 45°
- bank angle increased and the airspeed decreased to a point where the aircraft’s stall warning horn sounded for about 3 seconds
- aircraft rolled left and pitched nose down before impacting terrain.
Any time you spin in it ain't going to be pretty...Even if it is from only 100 feet.