PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Melbourne Coastal Route / YMML Runway 34 GBAS
Old 29th Oct 2018, 05:51
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Thanks for that diatribe, LB.

It is a pity that, in your first post on the issue:
For example, when I select the current Sydney VTC on the EFB I use, there is no depiction of the vertical dimensions of the YSBK airspace, no matter how far I zoom in. However, if I select the ‘mega’ chart, it does depict “D 1500/SFC” inside the YSBK CTR boundary. I have been caught out by this precise difference.
You didn't even mention the REAL problem: that the "C LL1500" label over BK doesn't exist on the Sydney VTC. That fact only came to light a couple of posts later after much nashing of teeth and claims that I am perfect.

I agree that you don't get that CTA LL of 1500 info unless you look at the inset. The VTC should have a C LL 1500 caption on it in the BK "CTR" freq boundary area. The LL 2000 close by is deceiving. But that is more of a chart deficiency than a poor feature of the app.

I suggest you hop onto your friendly local RAPAC to suggest a change to the Sydney VTC to add a C LL 1500 label. There's enough space for it and I'm sure it will be supported by the other RAPACs.

Anyway, I see that CASA has just issued a note to all RAPAC addressees regarding the Melbourne issue. Spread it around!