PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down outside Leicester City Football Club
Old 29th Oct 2018, 01:25
John Eacott

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by gulliBell
JE, on this rare occasion I don't agree with you on that point. If this had become a routine on-going operation I think there was something broken in the approvals process that permitted it. Take a car ride instead - 5/10/15/20 minutes or whatever by road - and meet the helicopter somewhere other than inside the confines of a public event at a stadium.
Fair call if it was a full (or partially full) stadium, but photos and videos seem to indicate that the helicopter movement(s) were out of an empty ground? Even the car parks outside seem devoid of crowds, but I accept that regular ops can instill a degree of complacency to risk management. There is a fine balance to be made, and where would be considered a suitable alternative without a long drive for the owner of the machine? Many, if not most, wealthy owners buy their helicopters for convenience and time savings; introducing car transfers can soon reduce the convenience factor and the appeal of a private helicopter.