PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down outside Leicester City Football Club
Old 29th Oct 2018, 01:19
mercuray
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The chances of meeting this same helicopter,as in a crash, if one had elected to go by car, must be next to Zero ! I am no expert on Rotary Ops,but I was just surrounded by a few that are and they are in agreement that this will likely uncover serious shortcomings and that many malfunctions could have been dealt with if this departure was operated from a pad that ticked all of the boxes. On 1 Caveat that it will not turn out to be "Catostrophic Failure. Even then,I am sure that this particular Operation will be terminated in the future. Not sure when a helicopter last crashed on to a car on the road system.( when it has lots of Altitude to its advantage). I vaguely knew one of the casualties that died in the helicopter that crashed DOWN in London some years ago ! Rotary Flying surely must also have the IMMEDIATE departure and arrival CONE as the point of maximum danger and risk ? As a non-expert,I need to be convinced that the same result would have occured if this helicopter had lifted from a wide open space,as opposed to the bottom of a bucket ! ( Not my Invention of terminology). Sorry,but that is the area/phase that bothers me and those who have now gone home ! Anyway,I will follow it with interest...