PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oldtimer/Lowtimer
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2018, 12:53
Pilot1972

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thx so much for your replies. Actually I thought there would be some guys from "mainland" Europe as well contributing to this post but I guess Pprune is mostly British dominated. Anyhow, I appreciate your advices a lot. At the end it must be easier for you guys getting access to interviews and assessments being native english speakers. I do have a 6 but still I've heard that most airlines prefer native English speaking pilots.

Like I said Ive travelled the world for the past 5 years looking for that first opportunity. I even visited Susi Air in Indonesia. Ive applied for RYR, Norwegian, Wizz, parachuting, small bush flying companies - you name it - even offered volunteering work for Aid organizations etc. Besides i work at one of the biggest Airlines in Scandinavia handling cargo and i know quite a few guys being Capt and part of Airline Training Division but still no interviews.I was told by some of these guys to get a TR, but having spend more than € 100000 so far this is not big on my wish list unless guaranteed some kinda job contract.

No wife, no children, could easily move anywhere in order to get a job.

I guess perhaps its time to be realistic and move on, call it a day. But still the dream of getting into the cockpit for a living keeps stucked inside my head.

Thx Y'all