PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAX takes over controls after PIC passes out
Old 27th Oct 2018, 21:42
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Devil

MikeNYC - I think you'll find that your colleague, didn't actually "bring it in" perse. He/she may have attempted to pull this or push that control but I can guarantee you that there is ZERO chance of controlling a helicopter from the other seat / cross cockpit / without any training or experience. The accident report briefly suggests your colleagues hands were in the vicinity of the controls while the rear crew person attempted to pull the slumped pilot off the controls.
Consider reality - your colleague(s) were mere passengers en route to a crash, which miraculously - they survived.
I'll go as far as to guarantee that in this Robo crash too - the "pax" made genuine gestures to try something...anything to alleviate the situation, but yet again everyone wants it to look like something it isn't, which is intervention on a controlled scale and recovering from an impossible situation.
Looking at the photo, I would even go as far as to suggest the helo became uncontrollable...relatively close to the ground, looking at the amount of damage to the cab.
Smell the coffee guys - 'mission impossible'.........
{Bit like the standard headline news: Pilot fought valiantly to divert the aircraft from the built up area, saving dozens of lives, in so doing - yeah, right!].