PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oldtimer/Lowtimer
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2018, 19:46
angusr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response to your question 2unlimited, I have tried the likes of Wizz, Norwegian, Luxair (multiple times), DHL in Leipzig, Brussles Air, DAT, ASL and Air Dolomiti plus any others that I have seen where a European language hasn’t been stipulated. So I have certainly been up for moving onto the continent for a first job, but so far to no avail.

I can’t say for certain, but I would be willing to hazard a guess that the situation there is probably similar to the UK in terms of getting an initial job for someone in our age group. Looking at any threads on here that I have seen that relate to any of those I have mentioned, people are getting interviews or assessment slots so there is some level of activity going on, but so far just not in my direction. But I am only speculating and have nothing solid to go on.

An FI rating is probably the best path that someone like me could follow I think. Even instructing part time will get the required hours in a year that a lot of airlines seem to require while not committing yourself to living on the minimum wage. I think if anyone out there is at the point of trying to decide whether to go down the enhanced MCC/JOC route or an FI rating, I would probably recommend the latter. You will get hours up quickly and break the 500 hours mark faster, but some of the smaller operations appear to like people with that qualification. But again, this is based on the experience I have had so far.

I am curious to hear if any others out there have had a similar experience.