PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barbados 2019
Thread: Barbados 2019
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2018, 13:47
Ebbie 2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies for the autocorrect running amok on some of my posts, if I could figure out how to turn it off I'd really be ahead of the game.

Also I was asked about costs in Barbados associated with flying in.

The no landing fees for light singles applies to ALL airplanes not only those based here. Same thing goes for parking fees, there are none for light singles either, a big saving when looking for somewhere to base from. For those with heavier stuff from a Baron to a G550 there is a simple way to get a 90% reduction in the landing and parking fee - just park on the south rather than north ramp. A lady I know tells me it pays for the fuel down for her month or so visits - nothing the super rich like better than a freebie.The cost of fuel about US$7.75 per usg, from RUBIS, the truck comes to you if you're parked on the north ramp (mine is the only one of the airplanes that is on the north), if you're on the south you go to the truck on the north (so make sure other planes are fuelled to your needs before you hire or end up with a 0.3 of Hobbs taxying around the airport rather than flying). Oil and other common consumables, brake fluid etc. cannot be easily obtained in the region so flying in bring a few bottles of oil, fluid etc.

There is a departure tax here for passengers - so book as many people as possible as crew if going international.