PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belgium selects F-35 over Typhoon
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2018, 07:05
orca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Glad Rag really, and I would consider myself as close to ‘up to speed’ as I need to to arrive at a considered opinion.

The comment you’ve highlighted is in response to a debate within the thread essentially espousing that we should have bought Super Hornet, not Typhoon. I don’t agree, I think we should have bought F-15E - a long time ago. But was making the point that I would prefer to go to war in the Super Hornet than the Typhoon due mainly to the sensor and link fit it carries. (There’s obvs the chance that had we bought a full up US system that we’d have found a way of retrofitting it into mediocrity.)

Rather than me explain how far behind the RAF is in this - just google NIFC-CA. Then tell me how you’re going to do it with Typhoon/ E3D/ LVT terminals etc. Then have a look at how long this has been working for and we’ve been avoiding implementing it.

I did my last Red Flag in an aeroplane with this technology. It made the whole thing very straight forward compared to countless CQWIs and TLTs. I’ll take any other operator’s opinion as to what I’ve missed?