PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In-cockpit videos
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2018, 20:32
Nurse2Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9 lives -- please let me be clear here: I greatly appreciate the advice given even if it wasn't what I was expecting. It has allowed me to think of other things that I've initially not thought of. To those that have contributed, thank you! However, please do not confuse my unwillingness to give up audio and video recording with being a difficult student in the cockpit. Recording my flights has zero to do with listening to the flight instructor once the lesson has begun. So far, all I've heard is how this does not work for the instructors in the flight. I'd love to hear how it has worked (or not worked!!) for the students in the flight.

Originally Posted by 9 lives
Yes, you could come back here, and tell us that you took two GoPros flying, and watched the video over and over later. Then a wise poster here may tell you that without a mentored review, you're not really learning from your mistakes, your just reinforcing them.
We never really got into discussing putting cameras in the cockpit, much less got to the discussion of reviewing the flight with my instructor, maybe even a few other instructors, to get various people's comments on any mistakes or incidents. Thinking that I'm just going to watch the video by myself and not even ask for instructor input is a silly assumption!

Mt wife, who is a college professor tells me about the students who pay close attention in class, and those who record what she says, thinking they'll learn more later from the recording - maybe they do, maybe they don't.
I don't understand why you bring up this example. She clearly doesn't know whether the pay-attention group does better than the record-the-class group, so I don't know what point you were trying to make?

Please consider that I work in a field where unwillingness to follow expert advice or knowing better when shown not to be the case can very well mean an innocent loved one ends up dead. Appeals to authority doesn't work, evidence-based arguments does.