PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2018, 10:51
flightpattern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future of Virgin

Can anyone clarify the pension rumours?

If its anything like my employer, they try and take take take even when making record profits. How has it been at virgin? Do they use losses as an excuse to attack pilot t&c’s every year (especially now with invested interest from delta, Air France/KLM)?

Does anyone have any ideas on the long term game plan for the airline? Delta has 49%, Air France-KLM to have 31%, so with delta having 10% of Air France-KLM, technically Delta have a majority? I could be confusing it in my head though.. Any talk of what their long term game plan is? Will it purely be transatlantic stuff with time?

Branson’s letter to his employees says he’s ‘agreed with our partners how important it is the Virgin Atlantic brand lives on’ but there’s nothing definitively saying they can’t stop that being the case. I look at how Alaska bought out Virgin America and collapsed the brand and it worries me (different business model I suppose you could argue).

Fot the record I’ve always wanted to work for virgin, but some clarity on its future/plans for changes to its structure & working conditions would be really useful if there’s any talk out there?

Also so feel free to correct my doubts above!!