PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In-cockpit videos
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2018, 22:54
Nurse2Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jonkster, I very much appreciate your reply. Can you tell me what suction cup was used that was inadequate?

The main objective here is recording the flight and what I am doing during various stages of flight. What information can I glean from doing this? I'm not exactly sure, but here's a video by Stefan Drury and an aborted takeoff

By recording his flight, he was able to capture this incident and examine his reaction during the incident. At the 5:00 mark, he examined his reaction time from noticing the incident and taking the appropriate action. If it was my video, my questions would be 1) did I take too long to act? or too soon? 2) was the incident occurring for some time before I noticed it? 3) was my reaction appropriate to the incident? 4) what did I do after the incident?

You can also see the placement of his second camera; I intend to do the same, but on the instructor's side rather than on mine. I just think that'll give me a bigger FOV of what I'm doing and thus give more info compared to a closer-up video. This video by Stefan is also one of the videos that sold me on a 2-camera setup instead of just one.

As for audio, I am fascinated by ATC chatter but at the same time, talking on the radio would be a weird and new experience for me so being able to record and listen to how it's done, I feel that would help greatly in my learning. It would also help me identify mistakes in my radio calls, again helping me fix any issues sooner rather than later.