PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In-cockpit videos
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2018, 20:03
mary meagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nurse2pilot, before you clutter up your lookout (lack of attention to your lookout may lead to unpleasant surprises), if you intend to learn to fly and are not planning to immediately buy your own aircraft, don't waste your time by pandering your ego with cameras. Like many others who have given you good advice on this forum, your early flying will demand your absolute attention. I began flying at the age of 50 at Booker Gliding Club, went on to get my pilots license at the Wycombe Air Centre, took up towing up gliders, which demands careful attention, and that does NOT include taking photos or looking at the instruments. After that, my first flight in competition was at Lasham, where 100 gliders were launched on the task of the day. Believe me, we all kept a jolly good lookout. Since then flew in Russia and in Europe, and of course in the United States, Texas, Florida, Michigan and New Jersey. Now still flying at 85 but with a safety pilot, am pleased to report that I have never bent an aircraft. Or a car for that matter. And the only reason to use a camera in a glider used to be in a steep bank over the turning point.