PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana ICN-ORD pax fatality w/ no divert, inflicting 10 hrs trauma economy section
Old 23rd Oct 2018, 13:43
AlexGG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by draglift
Pprune is unique in that it was designed as a forum for professional pilots but is now open for anyone to come on and express their opinion.
Professional issues where there are rules and standard procedures may sometimes come as a surprise to what a passenger might expect. This is thread is typical where someone has described a situation thinking it is unusual and may have been badly handled when it is actually quite common and has probably been properly handled.
Some of the initial posters clearly think a diversion was merited and expressed outrage that it did not happen.
There is some significant number of people, like me, who came wondering, like, well, how it is handled? how is it supposed to be handled? Before long, I got reasonably clear and reasonably complete explanation, what the procedures are, what the rationales are, with some bonus real-life stories. I also have the ability to ask further (which I do not need in this specific case) and get a good answer. This is certainly very good for those who mostly read and rarely post, and may be good for people experiencing outrage in the starting post(s) (if they are still here reading).

Pprune is great to correct my understanding of aviation, basically, and I'm certain it works the same for many others.