PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New pilot
Thread: New pilot
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2018, 10:29
Smoke mountain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ilyushin76
Let me be blunt with you. Passports matter ALOT in the ME airlines. No one will admit it, but it matters. Your Irish passport covers that part. Yemeni - don't bother mentioning it at all !

Your best bet would be to go to a flight school and then pick up one of the reputed pay 2 fly programs ( I know to some it sounds bad / unethical but that's how things are these days ) , build jet time and then make your way to the major ME carriers.

Also, if you end up on the A320s, with the Irish passport you have, airlines in Vietnam will pick you up instantly. They restrict some nationalities and Yemen I think is also on that list.

China is another market you can penetrate with the Irish passport. Lots and lots of flying there.

Turkish carriers (Pegasus, THY etc) are not far behind if you have enough experience on their required type of aircraft.

Good Luck !!
Pay 2 fly is what is damaging this industry! We shouldn't encourage people to do it! We need airlines to get back to the old days bonding pilots to work for couple of years.. All this pilots shortage in the world because airlines prefer Direct entry pilots which is unfair in my opinion.

@airman Get an EASA license from any european country and work your way from there ..