PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The state of my Log Books
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2003, 17:18
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
I think some of you need to write smaller or buy bigger logbooks - I'm on similar-ish hours to Onan and only about 1/3 through an Airtour logbook I bought in 1991 (pretty much identical to CAP407, the CAA commercial logbook).

You can buy leather covers for most sizes of logbooks which make them look a lot nicer (that's what I have), or a friend of mine (who had about 8000hrs military flying and counting at the time) simply took his logbook, and brand new one of the same type to a bookbinder who bound them both together in leather, trimmed the edges to look like new and generally gave him back something that looked like the family heirloom something like that should do - albeit about an inch thick and last I saw him he'd added another thousand hours or so and was still using it.

I admit however that I have a very scruffy cheap Pooleys one that lives in my flight bag, gets entries made as I go, then copied up into both my personal and the aircraft's logbooks when I get home. But, that's disposable !

G