PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 22nd Oct 2018, 13:13
Chris Martyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I for one am immensely relieved that it is all over and absolutely delighted that she made the right decision about terminating her membership !

I found the 2016 AGM to be a bit intimidating , when as Barry Tempest's seconder we were placed in a room packed to beyond capacity , with many of the occupants fairly obviously being Tracey supporters . Had I known then the devious 'plan B' she was cooking up , I think I would've run a bloody mile.

I was approached in private regarding this years AGM and asked whether I would wish to stand up and say some words to counter the two motions being proposed by Mr S. Jackson and Mr D. Mole , but with view to the fact that there are still one or two Tracey supporters out there who didn't like the fact that Barry and I brought this up originally , I politely declined .

Luckily , I was rostered to work yesterday [AGM day] and took great satisfaction that a Barbados bound A330 and a Florida bound B.747 were heading off across the pond at AGM time , both with my signature on their respective CRS's and I also had made a further contribution to aviation by sending my proxy votes of definite 'NO's' in 10 days previously . So altogether a very fulfilling day .

Despite Curtis-Taylors shameful conduct , both before the AGM and after , I don't believe that any of it will have the slightest effect on the LAA and what it is here to do . It has after all been doing its wonderful work for 70yrs ! The bigoted , misogynist thing just shows her for the one trick pony that she is . Attempting to discredit ones adversaries is just about the oldest trick in the book !

The reason that there are less female pilots/engineers is simply because many females are not that interested in that type of thing . But for the ones who are , the prospects are limitless and the opportunities are many.
The last thing that the genuine and professional world of aviation needs , is some ranting , raving freeloader bluffing her way through by pretending that 'us girls' are all being discriminated against .

It's a high pressure sales-pitch for an imagined commodity that doesn't exist !

Originally Posted by Pilot DAR
it's okay to just let it go quiet too!
Hey Pilot DAR,,,,don't forget what happened the last time it all went quiet ......[:lol]