Old 22nd Oct 2018, 11:58
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hatton
Cardiff
Doncaster
Southampton

I would get rid of all the Embraer jets including the 175s☹️
How easy would it be to get out of the project blackbird deals at CWL and DSA? I thought they were 10 year agreements.

Using CWL as an example, are only operated from there;
VCE MXP MUC

How well does MAN and SOU do as a hub? Could a better hub setup be created in order to feed onto quiter routes to mainland Europe within 2 hours?
I've looked at BEs route network in the past and the German/French etc routes are randomly operated from some Airports and not others.

Is their route network strong enough or just randomly picked? Using CWL as an example, MUC FCO and VCE are only operated from CWL, nowhere else. Given they have a number of jets in the fleet, are they being wasted being used on domestic routes where they could be building up the network on longer routes from other airports?
SOU has quite a variety of routes, especially in France. It would be interesting to know how many people connect through SOU onto these routes? Similarly at CWL with the above routes which are offered as connections when booking from Airports like BHD and EDI

I'm not sure what the issues are at EDI but I have read that Airport charges are starting to play a part for other Airlines. If that's the case, could they build a route network out of EDI but with less aircraft based there, thus saving on overnight parking charges if they can get a good deal at cheaper regional Airports?