PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2018, 09:50
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know from current insiders that the DUS base is a crewing nightmare. They don't have enough crew to man it without positioning in multiple crew from BHX on a daily basis to operate DUS baaed rotations. It must be costing them thousands.

BHX crew are also regularly being taxied to/from Cardiff for 3 or 4 days tours as they are short there too. In fact it is rare for cabin crew at any base to get a monthly roster that doesn't include positioning (flight, taxi or hire car) somewhere and staying in a hotel for 2 or 3 nights at (great) company expense.

Operationally they need a more robust and realistic schedule in place with more slack to allow catch up when delays happen. Crewing is reactive not proactive (in fact as everyone is at BE) and the company as a whole seems to only look as far forward as the next 24 hours.

They need to cut bases and trim the fat.

As a former insider I can tell you that everyone at BE is passionate about doing a good job and the right thing and truly wants to airline to succeed and grow. Everyone however is let down by poor strategic decisions made by a management that is very distant from the flying operation and a management culture that does not encourage creativity, personal opinion or 'thinking outside the purple box'. Management do not have a clear strategy in place for the future as they don't know (or can't agree on) what airline they want BE to be. As an employee this makes for a very frustrating workplace environment,

These are just my personal opinions based on my (mostly happy) time working at BE.