PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oldtimer/Lowtimer
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2018, 09:38
magicmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi 2unlimited, I agree that getting some good sim time is a must before assessment, in my defence the call to the assessment came at short notice, RYR called me late on a Friday afternoon with instructions to be at EMA for 0830 the following Tuesday. I spent that evening researching sim training providers that could help, sadly all of them were booked up and could not provide training at such short notice. My MCC had been in a TP sim so the assessment was my first exposure to a swept wing jet sim and I was miles behind the sim.

On the day there were 8 of us, myself and 7 Oxford integrated gents, at the time Oxford were pushing a lot of their grads towards RYR, I spoke to a few of them and they told me that during their MCC and JOC at the end of their training they were practicing only RYR assessment routes. After their assessment they had to report back to RYR what sim route they had and what questions they were asked in the interview, the implication was that if they failed to do this then Oxford would be unlikely to recommend them to other airlines. This showed in the sim as the Oxford lad that I was paired up with performed way better than me.

There were those that told me that I had dodged a bullet by avoiding RYR but I disagree but it is what it is and I cannot go back in time and redo it.

Last edited by magicmick; 22nd Oct 2018 at 12:04.