PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clifford gone/ Goyder Next Chairman
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2018, 06:59
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A good old purge with the 'aviation lightweight' still there.

A worrying development is that rising fuel prices with Qantas show no real sign of waning, as the geo-politics imply more risk premium. The term structure for oil is not good for an airline with fleet metrics like Qantas.

In a Bloomberg TV interview, Chief Executive Officer Alan Joyce said there’s “plenty of operating cashflows” to fund both shareholder returns and fleet investments. He was responding to a report by S&P Global Ratings last week that said Qantas needs to divert money away from investors to pay for fleet upgrades. Joyce said the ratings company should have waited to see the airline’s first-half results

They have seen the results and whilst the free cash flow was ok in June, it gets chewed up with fuel. There fleet metrics are still horrible.
Those airlines with an efficient fleet are better placed to absorb volatility. There is no one else to blame.

I do. How about one massive fleet (Australia's largest?) of 14 Dreamchangers and code share the rest. I wouldn't put anything past them. They've taught me _anything_ is possible, even if it is totally self destructive and makes no sense to anyone not personally benefiting from the idea.
Perhaps worrisome for the Australian government is that Qantas has already established a narrative suggestive the QSA 1992 that is the problem.
It isn't. However a government may be pressured into concessions. It is no secret Qantas want to merge.

The fact remains that they are neglectful, wasteful and a long way behind the curve.
Mr Goyder ought have a close look at the inter-segment management accounts. The ones that rarely leave the special hiding place on QCA9

Last edited by Rated De; 22nd Oct 2018 at 07:15.