PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 22nd Oct 2018, 01:09
XV666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite the most remarkable response from Miss Curtis-Taylor on the LAA forum AGM thread: it would again seem to be playing the victim card as everyone else is wrong but her
by Tracey Curtis-Taylor » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:58 pm

Might is right, of course. Morally and logically the majority of LAA members were just as wrong as they were in 2016.
1. The AGM should not have been used in 2016 as a vehicle for the venting of a private grievance. Members failed to take the opportunity to put that right in 2018.
2. The Chairman should not have condoned the 2016 motion; it usurped the functions of the Awards Committee. If the membership wanted the Committee to review and/or change its 2014 Woodhams Award that is what the motion should have said.
3. In any event, the Chairman should not have rewritten the motion just because its authors couldn’t manage to come up with one that was not libellous.
4. And indeed what he came up with should not have been gone before the AGM, not only because of (2) above, but also because the proposition that the Woodhams Award to me had brought the LAA ‘into disrepute’ was nonsense; it was based on neither reasoning nor evidence.
5. The more perceptive Board members realised before the 2016 AGM that what was proposed was morally and legally unsound. Their advice and objections were rejected by the Chairman and they either walked away or changed their tune.
6. The 2018 motion that the 2016 proceedings were unjust and unjustified was irrefutably correct. It was not about whether members liked or trusted me; it meant what the words said. Its rejection simply demonstrates that the majority either did not understand procedural form or chose not to.
7. The Boys’ Club should feel collectively ashamed of its behaviour. I have no doubt that a few members at least, including some who voted against the 2018 motions, will realise that they have not done well.