PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CFM Leap ecam
Thread: CFM Leap ecam
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2018, 23:48
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by BluSdUp
tdracer
So how is this presented on the new 737 Max as it has no fancy ECAM but good old 6 packs and a fat QRH.
Will it be hidden from us or come up on lover DU .
We are getting them next year so I am super exited!!!
Not sure about the 737 Max - the last time I worked the 737 was the pre-FADEC Neo Classic -3/4/500 series - although I'd assume it's handled the same way on the Max as it was on the NG - the FADEC is a lot fancier on the LEAP but the basic architecture is pretty much unchanged from the CFM56-7.
Overall, GE/CFM uses two classes of TLD faults - Short term and Long term (plus of course 'No Dispatch'). Short term will have some sort of flight deck indication and are handled via the MMEL (typically 10 day dispatch allowed via the MMEL). On EICAS aircraft, it'll generate a Status message - again not sure how that's handled on the 737.
Long term dispatch (which is what I assume the OP is describing) don't require a flight deck indication - you need to go look for them in the maintenance computer at some interval (between 500 and 2000 hours, depending on the engine). On the newer EICAS installations the presence of a long term fault will be indicated on one of the Engine Performance maintenance pages.