PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New pilot
Thread: New pilot
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2018, 21:37
Ilyushin76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aiman0092
I think so but that's why I wont mention that I have it. The most important thing is my passion about flying.

Hopefully I will be able to work with a nice company it doesnt have to be ethiad or Emirates honestly. As long as the company works and have a good salary then I'm happy to work for them.
Let me be blunt with you. Passports matter ALOT in the ME airlines. No one will admit it, but it matters. Your Irish passport covers that part. Yemeni - don't bother mentioning it at all !

Your best bet would be to go to a flight school and then pick up one of the reputed pay 2 fly programs ( I know to some it sounds bad / unethical but that's how things are these days ) , build jet time and then make your way to the major ME carriers.

Also, if you end up on the A320s, with the Irish passport you have, airlines in Vietnam will pick you up instantly. They restrict some nationalities and Yemen I think is also on that list.

China is another market you can penetrate with the Irish passport. Lots and lots of flying there.

Turkish carriers (Pegasus, THY etc) are not far behind if you have enough experience on their required type of aircraft.

Good Luck !!