PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Having trouble studying for ATPL's !
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2003, 16:27
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Timzsta,

Interesting post. Congrats on passing your first set of exams - you obviously have some techniques which work for you. I have to admit I'm not sure about them myself, though!

Comleting one subject before going on to the next - is there not a danger that you'd forget the first subject before you sit the exam? Of course the brush-up would help a bit with that, but I would have thought it would be easier to follow the course structure that your school suggests. Like I said, though, if it works for you then that's fine.

Also, the overlap between subjects - yes, you are right in that you can learn some things once and then not bother with them for the next subject. But this only works in some cases. In others, you have to (for example) learn JAR rules for one exam, and ICAO rules for another, and the two may be completely different. Fire extinguisher rules is the only one that immediately springs to mind, although there are others. And within Air Law, you need to learn both JAR and ICAO for the same exam, and not mix the two up, in certain areas at least! So be careful out there... and if you thought you knew the answer to a feedback question but it turns out you got it wrong, then this may be the reason - it oten was when I was doing the exams.

FFF
--------------